wet/dry filter question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smiles982

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got my eshopps 75 gallon wet/dry running yesterday. Had no issues yesterday and no noise at all. Got home from work today and I noticed bout every 30-45 seconds, it makes a gurgling noise. Any suggestions or ideas how to stop it?

Mine did that too, but I hadn't cut out the plastic at the back for the hanging part (I have an internal filter, is just a little part that keeps in up so it doesn't sink) and after I did the noise went away.

I tried that and it made it a little bit quit but still making the same noise. So was messing with last night and I actually rested the lid where the water comes out on one of the edges so its at a angle and now its quit. Now the other issue I have so much water flowing in it splashes out the little opening just where the filter sits. I try to slow down the intake, but then I have very little water in the wet/dry box. I have a mag 7 pump in there. I was told it should be ok since later it will be hooked up to my 75 gallon.

It was coming from the over flow but when I moved the lid that the hose is hooked up to from the overflow box, it quit making noises. The lid sits at a slight angle so it doesn't make any noise.

Whatever works.
If you continue to have issues in the future look into searching for "overflow box mods". There a couple extremely simple and very inexpensive things you can do to quiet an overflow.

Back
Top Bottom