Weve lost one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Came home to find one of our gold DGs was dead and stuck on the fan. All the others appears to be healthy and fine...maybe it was just his time?

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

You changing water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You changing water?

We havent yet as there is no ammonia, no nitrites or nitrates. All the levels have been fine and we have been testing daily.

You changing water?

Just did a water test

Ph-6.6
Ammonia .25 (its been at .25 since the water went in on 3/13)
Nitrate & Nitrites - 0
kH-3

What are you testing with? You should have ammonia or nitrates with even one fish in 2 week old water.

Could it be attributed to our awesome filtration? 1 penguin 350 and a sun sun hw302?

Could it be attributed to our awesome filtration? 1 penguin 350 and a sun sun hw302?

The amount of filtration you have has no bearing on the nitrate level. Nitrogen is really only removed by large plant loads and water changes.

Well then what on earth happened lol, maybes its just his time?

Also, we do have alot of plants

Filtration overkill huh?? I have more going on my 20tall:p I demand a retest! Shake the nitrate bottle like it stole you new finnex and hit your cat with it! But yeah.. fish just die sometimes for no good reason.. you don't know the condition s theyre subjected to.prior to landing in your tank. Lfs water can hit the 80's on nitrates..

Filtration overkill huh?? I have more going on my 20tall:p I demand a retest! Shake the nitrate bottle like it stole you new finnex and hit your cat with it! But yeah.. fish just die sometimes for no good reason.. you don't know the condition s theyre subjected to.prior to landing in your tank. Lfs water can hit the 80's on nitrates..

Yea i think it was just his time. We do have two dgs missing a scale or two though

Just did a water test

Ph-6.6
Ammonia .25 (its been at .25 since the water went in on 3/13)
Nitrate & Nitrites - 0
kH-3

Are you saying your tank has been setup since the 13th of this month ? If that's the case your tank isn't cycled..

and ive seen fish literally jump out of tanks to escape ammonia

Are you saying your tank has been setup since the 13th of this month ? If that's the case your tank isn't cycled..

and ive seen fish literally jump out of tanks to escape ammonia

Im quite aware its not cycled. Hence no Amm. nitrates or nitrites.

I am not an expert, but I thought the a weekly 25% change while cycling with fish was minimum, and then more if your numbers are getting high.

That a boy! Once a week, 50%..can't go wrong..

Just did another. Tested before hand and still have <= .25 ppm Ammonia. No nitrates or nitrites yet.

Back
Top Bottom