What’s wrong with my male molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

todoroki

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had gotten two molly’s. One female and one male and they had lots of babies. We ended up letting two of those babies stay and they grew to be boys and started mating with the one female. After some research we found out it should be 3 female molly’s to every 1 male molly and so we traded the two male molly’s for two female pregnant molly’s who already had their babies. But the male refuses to mate with them, only the original female. What do i do?

I had gotten two molly’s. One female and one male and they had lots of babies. We ended up letting two of those babies stay and they grew to be boys and started mating with the one female. After some research we found out it should be 3 female molly’s to every 1 male molly and so we traded the two male molly’s for two female pregnant molly’s who already had their babies. But the male refuses to mate with them, only the original female. What do i do?
Nothing. It may take some time for the male to get adjusted to the other females. That said, are your SURE the other 2 fish you got are in fact Mollies? And if Mollies, the same specie of Molly as your male?

Mollies are like sailors any port in a storm. They don't care if they are from the same clan they don't even care if they are mating with a molly or a Guppy. I have got a small male tuxedo molly chasing a female black velvet, I dare say eventually it will get it's way.
Basically you don't do anything you just wait and eventually the male will give in and play away.

Back
Top Bottom