What 2nd filter should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason the AC's and C's are "better" is you can make your own filter bags (use purigen instead of carbon etc.) because the chemical filtration is just a bag, any bag with "stuff" in it will work, and also it is easy to remove this bag for medical treatments without removing the other mechanical and biological filtration media.
Wow, I had never heard of the Purigen. I just googled it, and I'm impressed. Too bad I already bought a box of activated carbon LOL. I'll have to use it up and get the purigen later.

Yes get another 30 gallon rated filter. I run a fluval 406 on my 29 gallon and its rated for 100 gallons. Generally you want to double filter your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Ok, that makes a lot of sense. I shall get another 30 gallon filter. Maybe more depending on my money lol.

Id just get an ac 30. I always lube my impeller with a bit of vaseline to help prevent the impeller shaft wearing down.

Ok then, 30 it is! Oh, was the impeller the little spinning fan-like thing? I assume Vaseline is safe for the aquarium?

Yes the impeller is the spinny thing. :)

Also, it is safe. Very useful. Reapply every 3 months

Yes and make sure to use vaseline on the actual shaft as well. Over time the shaft wears down and leads to a loud high pitch squeal

Yes and make sure to use vaseline on the actual shaft as well. Over time the shaft wears down and leads to a loud high pitch squeal

Does the impeller shaft problem happen on all hob filters? Or is it only the Aquaclear? Should I also use Vaseline on my Marineland filter? I think it has an impeller too.

Does the impeller shaft problem happen on all hob filters? Or is it only the Aquaclear? Should I also use Vaseline on my Marineland filter? I think it has an impeller too.

It wouldnt hurt to slap some on the marineland. Not sure if it commonly happens with all hobs bcuz ive only had acs.

It wouldnt hurt to slap some on the marineland. Not sure if it commonly happens with all hobs bcuz ive only had acs.

I see, ok. I'll see if I can do some research on it eventually. cx

Guys, do you think the aquaclear 110 impeller will fit my aquaclear 70? Or I have to change motor.... Just wondering, if it fit I might get the impeller for in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom