What Air Pump do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought a Top Fin 4000 today for $15 to run my two sponge filters on my breeding/qt tank. I like how it has an adjustable flow and I'm actually quite surprised at how quiet it is. I've not run an air pump since my first tank, so I'm kind of new to air pumps. The lifetime warranty was a nice surprise as well.

It is expensive, but since it runs all the time and can stay on in a power outage, it could make the difference between fish making it during a power outage and all of them dying. It is a good option if it is worth the money to you.

Is this the one you're talking about:

Azoo Non-Stop Air Pump with Battery Backup

Darn expensive for sure. Hate to think what that 66v battery costs to replace :ermm:.

I got my portable generator for a little over double the cost of this and it'll run all my tanks heaters, filters and my refrigerator. I live in earthquake country, so it pays to be prepared :hide:.

I have 2 top fin 8000's. They are about $25 and have 4 outputs that are adjustable with a dial on the top. I am very happy with them.

Thanks for the input spoonman.

Also mfdrookie516.......thanks for the info on the Top Fin's.

The alita al-60 is a commercial type air pump that has a 3/8" output on it. I have it piped into a 1/2" pvc system that runs around the ceiling and also outside to the back deck. It's supposed to run up to 50-60 sponge filters, I've only got about half that many going now.

As far as the battery backup pump goes, eh. I seriously doubt there would be a situation where it would be useful, I mean yeah, the power goes out sometimes, but the fish aren't all going to die immediately because of the lack of air. It could take several days depending on the surface area of the tank. I have tubs that I have kept outside all summer long with no pump at all and the fish lived just fine, although filtration/air pump is definitely ideal.

Either way, living in hurricane country, I've already considered what to do if we lost power for an extended period of time, and the solution was one of these
Honda Eu2000 Generator America's Farm & Home Store

Mostly because air pumps are the least of my issues if the power is out, I want the ability to maintain heat in certain tanks, as well as other things like computers, fans, etc.

Back
Top Bottom