What are Golden Wonder Killifish like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungry Seacow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do these fish do with other small fish such at neons and guppies? Any other important information to consider when adding these to a 10 gallon community tank?

I do know that they stick like glue to the top of the tank.. They are a community fish.. and they dont get very big.. HTH

yeah they do stick like glue greenmagi... however, i have heard they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. I had some guppies in and i know for certain one of my angels ate one (bulbging belly) but i have a sneaky suspicioun the killfish got a snack as well.. who knows. Anyway, they have big mouths, ive seen mine catch a whole algae wafer in his mouth, but he spit it back out.

Other than that, mine is not aggressive at all.. its just that i never see him because my water level is always a little above the border. Sometimes i will see him dfirt down mid tank, but as soon as you walk up to the tank he darts back to the top. They feed directly on the surface and i have never seen him mess with any other fish, although he will nip at my finger. But my angels and gouramis and my killifish will all eat out of my hand sooo... anyway, HTH

DO NOT GET THEM, they are horrible. I had so many guppies......THis one guy said they would would eat the babies, because my guppies kept on over breeding. SO I got two. THey ate over 40 guppies leaving only 3 alive. And they weren't finished. So I got rid of them, I hate those fish so darn much! Oh yeah, when I first put them in my tank, both just gulped down some guppies. It was sad because there was a guppy stuck in ones mouth, still alive with it's tail sticking out and moving. It was horrible to see my guppies get slaughtered! :( They are horrible devils :evil:

Back
Top Bottom