What are some good soft corals i can get with the fish i already have???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigjbones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would you recommend any soft corals for me that would go good with the fish i already have i have a tang / perciula clown / purple fire fish / 2 blue damsels / hermit crab / turbo snail / bi-color shrimp / algae blenny...

i already have a about 10 actual flower tops of a bluish green zoo coral *they came on a pievce of LR * and a toad stool leather.

i'm all ears..

What i have now is a 40g tank / 405 fluval canister / p skimmer / heater / Marine land Reef capable LED lighting (24 - 36” - (23) 10,000K White & (4) 460 nm Blue 1W LEDs – 1670 Lumens) / thermometer / hydrometer...i also have a handful of reef supplements, and about 30 pounds LR

Salinity is 1.024 - 1.025 / PH 7.9/8.0
calcium about 430

I'm not sure about which corals you should go with, but a tang in a 40g sounds like a bad idea.

Just sayin'

Your ph is low, the tang should not be in a 40g tank, and rely more on water changes rather than your "handfull of supplements".

What is your nitrate reading. Coral does not do well in high nitrates. With that many fish in a 40g with only 30lbs of rock, I'm curious about your nitrates.

Also, cannot recommend corals unless we know what kinda lighting you have.

i did a 20% water change on tuesday. i am a firm believer of a 15-20% water change every 2 weeks.

Nitrate 0

Lighting :
Marine land Reef capable LED lighting (24 - 36” - (23) 10,000K White & (4) 460 nm Blue 1W LEDs – 1670 Lumens)

Mushrooms, xenia, palythoas, and maybe some ricordeas. Though as listed above the tang needs to be rehomed, and a cansiter unless rinsed on a regular basis is a bad idea for a reef

Everything should be cleaned on a regular basis. Skimmer, sock, rock (blown off) with a canister filter being no exception or else they can contribute to nitrates. The big downside of the can is if you leave the foam filters in them (as they trap the gunk). Ditch the foam, fill w/ media and/ or live rock and there is nothing wrong with a canister filter on a reef tank.

Agreed on the tang

Back
Top Bottom