What are these on my tetras face?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GLOBAL1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got/rescued some black widow tetra, or black skirt tetra, depends where you are from, a man across the street from me wasn't looking after them so I had them, but one female has these like, lumps/ balls on her mouth, received_10209101326365376.jpg what are they and should I be worried about my other fish?

I got/rescued some black widow tetra, or black skirt tetra, depends where you are from, a man across the street from me wasn't looking after them so I had them, but one female has these like, lumps/ balls on her mouth, View attachment 306705 what are they and should I be worried about my other fish?
Might just be a cyst or growth. Could be Tetra disease forming. I'd be delligent in your water changes. You may have to wait it out until it gets worse so you can be sure of what it is

Would tetra disease only effect tetra? Because I have 6 black widow and 5 phantoms, I also have 8 danio and 5 scissor rasbora

The man I had the 2 females off had them with large angels and a few red fin sharks could one of them have attacked it?

Between the color and size I would not worry until something changes...
They could just be some individual issue [not disease] the fish has..
I will research further and see what I find.

I have a really really old black skirt tetra that has a black lump at the base of its tail. I quarantined it and treated it with all sorts and it never went. I figured it was some sort of tumour so he's now back in with the others and is doing well. None of the others are showing any issues so maybe it's an old age thing?????

Might be lymphocystis (spelling?) more or less a cold sore of the aquatic world. Not usually fatal.

Well as long as its not gonna harm my fish, it should be okay, should be okay to put in my main tank then? I have it in with my live plants at the minute, only place I could put them lol

Well, what ever it is, it doesn't look like a parasite, bacteria or a fungus. If it were mine, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I thought it was where other fish have attacked her, she was with some big fish before I took her, I figured one of the sharks had tried to eat her

Well anyway, as long as its not going to effect my other fish she can go in the main tank ? thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom