what are these plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Passatryde

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought some plants from aquabid and what i got wasnt what i was expecting. i looked up google images and the only one that looks like what i was expecting was the red ludwigia?

What do you see in this pic?

ForumRunner_20120815_222247.jpg

boadams87 said:
That's all I see and what appears to be bacopa to the right. What's the pink stuff?

Lol the pink thing is a leftover plastic plant that didn't get removed. I'm going to google bacopa.... Cause that wasn't one of the ones I was supposed to get

What were you expecting?

And some closer pics would help immensely. I'm seeing lots of Ludwigia Repens, maybe some rotala? Tough call at that angle/distance.

aqua_chem said:
What were you expecting?

And some closer pics would help immensely. I'm seeing lots of Ludwigia Repens, maybe some rotala? Tough call at that angle/distance.

What i thought i bought was " Green ludwigia, ludwigia inclinata, is a tall plant with long narrow leaves. color ranges fron green to rust. Ludwigia repens rubin, broad leaf ludwigia, grows almost as tall and the leaves are oval with a lot of red coloring. Ludwigia repens is smaller with narrow leaves of green and red. Cyperus helferi, is the smallest of the four with small oval green leaves".

So i dont know if the pics on google are wrong or if i got the wrong stuff. ill snap some better photos with my slr tomorrow. im especialky bothered by the cyperus helferi...nothing even looks remotely close to what you see on google images

Green ludwigia is ludwigia palustris, not L. inclinata. Broad leaf ludwigia is L. Repens. L. repens 'rubin' should range from orange to red, basically never green, so it should be easy to spot. Cyperus helferi looks more like vals than anything.

It will be hard to tell what anything is if the plants had been grown emersed, which is possible. They might need a few weeks in a healthy environment before they start becoming more identifiable.

Except the Cyperus, which should be obvious.

pics

Green ludwigia is ludwigia palustris, not L. inclinata. Broad leaf ludwigia is L. Repens. L. repens 'rubin' should range from orange to red, basically never green, so it should be easy to spot. Cyperus helferi looks more like vals than anything.

It will be hard to tell what anything is if the plants had been grown emersed, which is possible. They might need a few weeks in a healthy environment before they start becoming more identifiable.

Except the Cyperus, which should be obvious.

so here are some better pics - btw the one next to the driftwood was supposed to be the cyperus

https://plus.google.com/photos/1158...ms/5777781552413313537?authkey=CJCDo82ot7eMUw

Back
Top Bottom