What are these tiny snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gianna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I got some live plants a while ago but just today I noticed some snails and something else at the bottom of the tank. (Previous to seeing these I only own one Gold Inca Snail). Anyways today I saw some clear and very small snails in the tank. The biggest one I saw had a curved shell I believe. At the bottom of the tank I saw some brown dots moving around and there seemed to be quite a lot. Does anyone know what these are and how I can get rid of them and also prevent them? I also have guppies in the tank. Would it be best to just restart the whole tank?

That’s okay. I can move my gold Inca to another tank. Will the assassin snail eat the eggs too or no?

Snails often hitch a ride (in the form of eggs I believe) on plants. If of the type I suspect they're really not a problem as they eat algae from the glass and as they get older you just pluck them and crush them between your fingers as a live (will totally fresh) food. Guppies like most fish LOVE to eat them this way. Those and chopped earthworms were highly suggested as excellent, cheap and super easy-to-find live food treats in old aquarium books.

Back
Top Bottom