What are your thoughts about this set up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
Homemade, obviously
Since its a lucky bamboo, I can't leave the plant inside the water, do I need to have soil for it? Is this pot from a water bottle safe?Image%20(9).jpg

Do you think the redundant filtration in a 20g is wrong? I have a 40g tetra whisper filter, I was thinking on have another tetra HOB 10g filter only to plant this lucky bamboo..
I've kept bamboo in my HOB filter. It grew great in there.

Depends on what fish you have. If you have a lot or a few with bigger bioload then dont take your 40g filter away. If there's no fish or smaller fish with lower bioloads then go for it.
Personally I think it's fine in a little planter. Just keep it away from too much light or the leaves will start to brown.

I dont wanna take it away, i want to add another filter, a 10g HOB filter so i can plant the lucky bamboo...its 8 bucks filter from tetra as well
Depends on what fish you have. If you have a lot or a few with bigger bioload then dont take your 40g filter away. If there's no fish or smaller fish with lower bioloads then go for it.
Personally I think it's fine in a little planter. Just keep it away from too much light or the leaves will start to brown.

Im definelty not taking another filter then, thank you. I will keep the bottle, no sharp edges and snails can go in there, they can actually go wherever they want..
Ty

Back
Top Bottom