What brand of filter do you use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think there should be some stipulations made present, such as what type of tank you are referring to since different styles require different applications not to mention size requirements. Freshwater (low-tech planted, high-tech planted, fish-only), Saltwater reef (sps, lps, soft) or saltwater fish-only?

I would think there should be some stipulations made present, such as what type of tank you are referring to since different styles require different applications not to mention size requirements. Freshwater (low-tech planted, high-tech planted, fish-only), Saltwater reef (sps, lps, soft) or saltwater fish-only?
100% true. thats why i like tanks so much there so many different ways to do things.

hobs i like aquaclears
canisters i like filstar xp and the c series.
sponge filters hydro pro

this about sums up what i use here.

I like the Marineland HOB Biowheel filters myself but to be fair I have not tried aquaclear.

I have a HOT Magnum w biowheel. Hubby has a tetra????? - got it on clearnace - it's amazing in keeping his tank crystal clear.

I use and have good luck with the Emporer 280/400. I currently have 2 280's on my planted 60 at either end of the tank facing each other. They are large enough for customized filters and media, provide good water flow and the bio wheel/s work flawlessly with the spray bar hitting them directly. I have an AqueClear 20 on my 10 hex and truthfully I am not impressed. Had to exchange it twice due to bad motors and it plugs up quickly. Doesn't seem to push much water, but my tank is sparkling clean, so it must just be my perception. ;)

aqueon...only because it came with the "kit" and i rushed out on the same week to get 6 replacement cartridges...

once my cartridges run out i will get aquaclear

Back
Top Bottom