What can I keep with guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropicallie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 26 g bow front with two guppies, some glow fish, and an african dwarf frog. I want to get a bigger fish to fill some space in the middle. What would go well with those guys?

Do you have plans on keeping the frog? You're a bit limited because frogs don't have good vision and it's easy for the fish to eat all of their food, unless you spot feed. That's why most recommend species only tanks for ADF.

With guppies and glofish, you wouldn't want to get anything so big that it could eat them.

Your choices are vast. Do you have any particular species that you like that we can work around or do you just want suggestions?

I do spot feed my ADF (usually he is in his own tank but I had to turn it into a sick tank temporarily, he will eventually go back home). I really like balloon rams but I'll nervous about them beating up the guppies.

Guppies
Platies
Emperor tetras
Balloon Mollies
Neon tetras
And a pleco which is going to be rehomed as soon as possible (he will get too big for my tank)

I have a male tank with guppies and balloon Mollies

And I have a nursery tank with guppy and platy fry

Tropicallie said:
I was thinking about balloon bellies for a while. Maybe that's what I'll do

some fish keepers don't like balloon Mollies because its a actually a deformity of the Molly. Allot of people are not aware of this. Its bred to have a curved spine

Oh my goodness!! That's beautiful! So something amazing just happened: the lady I work for just gave me her sons old 5 gallon so I think i'm gonna switch my guppies over to that an get the balloon rams that I want!

I have a african dwarf frog in my 55 gallon he has no problems eating.. He even has started eating feeder guppies and dmsll fish.. I think the whole hard to get adf to eat is a myth

GreenTerrorNoob said:
I have a african dwarf frog in my 55 gallon he has no problems eating.. He even has started eating feeder guppies and dmsll fish.. I think the whole hard to get adf to eat is a myth

He's eating feeder?!? How big is he?

Back
Top Bottom