What can I put in a 40 gallon long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finnster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Picked one up my LFS was practically giving away for $25! No leaks, good condition etc. The tank is 4ft, by 13, by 17 (basically a shorter and narrower 75 according to LFS). *This will be FWLR* Can I put something in that needs long swimming room but can deal with being in a 40 (Flasher Wrasse, Dwarf Angel, Kole Tang, Smaller Foxface (with the last two don't kill me, if no))? Also can I put Dwarf Lions, Blue Spotted Puffer, and Longnose Hawkfish with Snowflake Eels?

-Finnster

Snowflake shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a tight lid

Dwarf lions are not overly active so they would be another option

Almost all wrasse need at least 75g

I would avoid putting a puffer in

You could get away with a dwarf angel since the tank is fairly long

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the advice. Might wait to upgrade to a 75+ for another SW tank, maybe this will be my FW tank. I really want to get things that require a larger tank (Foxface, Butterfly, Tang etc.).

a longnose hawk won't get big enough/right proportions to dissuade the snowflake from eating it;
in short, a long nose is the perfect size/shape for an eel to chow down on.
you would do better with a puffer, eel wont go for the puffer at all, lion wouldn't be a problem either.

You can fit plenty of wrasses in a 40. Lots of the smaller fairy wrasses would work. Six lines, possum wrasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, good to keep in mind. As I said I think I am gonna' do this one FW and later get a 75+ and do FWLR.

Back
Top Bottom