What can you put in an 8 Gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryBarb123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am still sorting out my 55 gallon, so this won't be happening for a while, but I would really like to have a small nano tank alongside by larger one.

I used to have a 30 Litre tank, but I know I made all the wrong choices and my stocking choices were pretty bad and unsuitable.

I know there are a large number of microrasboras avaliable, which I quite like - inparticular the Celestial pearl danios, however they cost a fortune here!!

My question is, how limiting is it having a tank of around 8 US gallons (30 Litres)?

If there isn't much choice then I probably won't bother getting one, as I would like to set up a nice planted nano tank with a nice selection of attractive, natural looking fish (Not guppies!!)

Here are some fish I like:

Shrimp (Not sure what type, probably just cherry shrimp)
Bettas
Chilli Rasboras
Celestial Pearl Danios
Pygmy Cory Cats
Cardinals (Don't know if 8 gallons is too small)

What would be a good total of fish, and what types are good? This is a consideration for later this year, but I want to work out whether it is a good idea or not now, so I know what I am doing :)

Another alternative would be the 46L Fluval Edge. Are these inpractical, like biOrbs? If I were to get a 46L Fluval edge what could I put in there?

So basically I am either considering a 46L Fluval Edge or a 30L Nano cube, and would like to know what I could put in either so I can make a decision whether or not it is worth going with one of the two or not :)

Thanks in advance.

Shrimp would be your best bet, they can handle smaller tanks to live in.

My vote goes for the Celestial Pearl Danios, formally known as Galaxy Rasboras... These guys are tiny and super cool looking.

A Betta and a oto catfish.....that is my set up

I have Cherry Shrimp
Otos
CPDs
Scarlet Badis (after my Shrimp colony grew )

Or as you say, Micro Rasboras are very nice instead of CPDs
I have Threadfin Rainbows, but an 8g. may be too small.
Sparkling Gouramis are nice also but they eat Shrimp.

Thanks!

So in a 46L FLuval edge could I have:

10 x Chilli Rasboras
10 x Red Cherry Shrimp

Could I have a sparkling gourami amongst those guys?

I would love to go with the CPDs but they cost £6.50 each here!!

CherryBarb123 said:
Thanks!

So in a 46L FLuval edge could I have:

10 x Chilli Rasboras
10 x Red Cherry Shrimp

Could I have a sparkling gourami amongst those guys?

I would love to go with the CPDs but they cost £6.50 each here!!

Sparkling Gouramis eat Shrimp. So not until you get a ton of Shrimp. I would stick with the two species for a while.

ok, thanks! Sorry, being a bit stupid - you said about the shrimp eating in your last post!!

That's great, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom