What caused this? pics included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last night I did a small 30% water change. Used prime, temp matched, and everyone made it through the night. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This morning my beautiful roseline was drifting and struggling in the current. I removed him, put him in qt, and went off to work. On my lunch break he seemed to be coming around. I added a pump then because he is used to tons of oxygen. When I came home he was gone. My heart is broken! He was very very healthy until this morning. I've had them about nine months or so in a tank that is always 7.8,0,0,10 for parameters.

I've taken photos of him to see what y'all think.

ForumRunner_20121124_193337.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_193353.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_193405.jpg

He only got bloated like this after he died. Previously he was good. The spots on his belly didn't appeay until after he died

Sorry for your lost. Can you explain more about the QT process? Looks to me that was removed from the main tank, and then put into a QT tank?

I am so sorry. It really hurts when you lose one of your creatures you have come to know and love.

I am trying to remember something I read about (here on forum during Sandy and people were trying to save their tanks) carbon dioxide spikes from plants when aeration is gone. Just a crumb to follow and see if anyone knows what I am trying to remember.

Thanks guys!
About the qt... it is a ten gallon tank. The filter floss for it runs in the dt so it is always cycled. The pump was added about five hours after he was isolated as roselines like highly oxygenated water. He had been coming around before the pump was added. The qt tanks have no plants

Back
Top Bottom