what cichlids will get along best with these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dellis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Still new to hobby. Tank is cycled, no ammonia, no nitrite, nitrate at 5, temp at 78 degrees and ph at 7.6 . I have the following at 1 each in a 55 gallon:

Kenyi
Bumble bee
Auratis
Ice top
Buttikoferri
Oscar ( i know get him out. He is timid right now)
Pleco

All are juveniles from 1.5 - 2.5 in length. Just lost a electric blue johanni(was killed)

Thx for any advice!

Stick with mabunas only I learned my lesson with bumbble bees and aratus there highly aggressive lol

Electric yellow red zebras red top cobus kenyi ect there's tons just stick to the mbuna spicies srry for spelling it sucks lol

I have a bumblebee and an auratus in my tank they do fine but my auratus has a jacked up jaw, so his names jack. I couldn't send him to his death by returning him to petsmart so I look after him

The bumblebee and Buddha (aka buttikoferi) will outgrow the 55, obviously the Oscar too. Also, auratus, Buddha, and bumblebee are all very aggressive, you're gonna end up with major issues. I would do some rehoming and research on what Africans can go together, I would stick to smaller mbuna species or small peacocks

Think the bumble bee is the culprit. He is the most physically aggressive one I have seen. Seen today that my oscar is missing half of it's fin and my pleco's fin is a little shredded too. Funny thing is, bb is the next to smallest one I got! Lol

Update! My oscar has taken a beating while I was at work. I haven't seen any fighting at all. I have, though, seen the Kenyi chase every fish. No biting, just chasing. The bumble bee has some damage to his tail as well. Not much, but some. My auratus is way to small to do it. Who could be the fighter?

Update! My oscar has taken a beating while I was at work. I haven't seen any fighting at all. I have, though, seen the Kenyi chase every fish. No biting, just chasing. The bumble bee has some damage to his tail as well. Not much, but some. My auratus is way to small to do it. Who could be the fighter?

Probably the Buttie. Can be very nasty fish.

It seems the fighting takes place during the tanks dark hours. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom