What could i put in this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgaaan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to add plants to my girlfriends tank! I just need to know what kind of plants I could put in there? And if I have enough light for it? The tank is three gallons.

Here's the light.

Attachments

• image-3340266010.jpg
    image-3340266010.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 58
Hard to tell how good the light is from just a picture..Ill assume you bought it with a 3 gallon kit? The ligh probably isn't very powerful. Some lowlight plants that would do fine are Hornwart, Moneywart, Java fern, Java moss, dwarf hair grass although it wont spread, small clumps would do alright. Tip: Most plants that say low light will do fine in that lighting, I gave you a few good ones im used too.

Thanks, and no I ended up buying that light separate. I think it puts out decent light, not high or anything, but decent! And thanks Il take a look at a few!

Dwarf hair grass need high light, CO2 or liquid carbon, and good ferts. Your best bet is going with small Anubia's such a Nana or Nana Petite (which is awesome if you can find it), Java ferns (Wendilov looks very good in a small tank), Bolbitus, and Crypt Wendtii (go with Red or Bronze to add a touch of color). If you get a crypt be sure to get root tabs and use them under it as crypts are heavy root feeders.

Back
Top Bottom