What could make fish the "s" or "c" pattern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dman0617

Aquarium Advice Activist
What could make fish make the "s" or "c" pattern

As the title suggest I've had a few mollies die. I've checked water parameters Ammonia=0 Nitrite=0 & Nitrates=10 pH 7.0. I know its 7.0 due to that I have a pH monitor. I had 5 they all died either in a s or c pattern. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What does "s" and "c" pattern mean? I've never heard these terms before,

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The shape of the dead specimen I'd guess? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Correct Brookster all my mollies when they died they died forming either a s or c pattern

Ok. .first things first. Your avatar is going to give me strange dreams.. what size tank? Age? All the details. More the better

Interesting... well, while Ive never had good luck with Mollies, Ive never had them, or any fish that I recall, die crooked. I'm curious as to what turns up.

Well I have a 55 five years old, I have 8 tetras 4 guppies and 2 plecos 1 hob filter and a canister filter the other fish are doing great but the mollies all died off for some strange reason

Mollys like a bit of salt.

What could make fish the "s" or "c" pattern

This deformation is generally a tell tale sign of fish TB. Look it up, be cautious with tank water and be careful not to come In contact with it until you're sure it ain't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

But wouldn't my other fish exhibit the same symptoms isn't it highly contagious

Symptoms in fish

The main symptoms of fish tuberculosis are loss of scales, loss of color, lesions on the body, wasting, and skeletal deformities such as curved spines.

My fish experienced none of those but maybe the curved spine

The key symptom is curved spine – the fish looks hunchbacked – and this usually shows up with a caved-in belly, as though the fish is starving to death.

My fish didn't looked like that

Back
Top Bottom