what cuc i should go for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all i have a new (alomst cycled) 130l/34g tank.. i dont have muck lr in yet as its very expensive. maybe i have 4-5 lb anyone recomend how much will be good and why. also can some one recomend what cuc i should go for and how much. ie how many crabs snails thats kinda stuff

my favourite CUC is a sea urchin...since they eat all forms of algae...however you need LOTS of algae in your tank to feed these guys since they never stop eating...and only get one :p

well to handle the bioload most recommend going with 1.5 to 2 lbs of lr per gallon

You can buy some base rock for cheap to fill out the rest of your rock. It will become live after a few weeks and pretty soon you won't even be able to tell the rock apart! lol

As far as cuc I would add a few snails and hermits, nothing crazy as you don't have much to feed them right now.

I've heard that urchins can knock corals and stuff around so I've stayed away from them, but as mentioned they eat ALOT so you'd want to add that one after a while.

I happen to love shrimp and they make great cleanup too, I also have a serpent starfish, very cool and eats when I feed the tank.

i have 2kg/4.4lb of live rock in my tank and 3kg/6.6lb of ocean rock.. will this become live after a while then.. is it live when it has the coraling algea on it. how long will this normally take.. so hermits snails how many? what about sand sifting stars

From what I read, sand sifting stars don't generally do well ong term except in the largest and most established aquaria. They tend to eat everything and then starve under the sand and rot leading to problems. many folks would also argue they eat the stuff you want in your sand anyway.

Sand-sifter starfish are good to have since they stir up the sand without making a mess :p the problem with them is that they eat copepods...unless you have a well established tank they might just end up eating them all...i would holding off on getting sand-sifting starfish

Back
Top Bottom