What DH KH for German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends..... Do you plan on breeding them??? If so, then you will need very soft water & Ph around 6.5 for the best fry survival rate.

If not, then they are comfortable with a pretty wide range of KH/Ph... KH of 4-8 & Ph of 6.5 to 7.5 should keep them very happy.

yes for breeding them. i will be mixing ro water with tap water to make perfect water for them

(y) I don't have BR's, but this is exactly what I do with my water, with one exception.... I don't use straight tap water. I inserted a tee in the line that goes from the prefilters to the RO membrane, and pull water off of that for blending. That way the water has gone through the sediment filter & 2 x 0.5 micron/carbon filters, and is chlorine-free (but I still use conditioner for safety). My water measures KH-16 / GH-20 from there, so I can custom blend however I want with the RO/DI water. That way, if my KH drops a bit in my tank from nitrification consumption, I can just blend a little higher percentage of prefiltered water in my PWC's to replentish.

Back
Top Bottom