What do I do...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
After few weeks of calm I noticed some pest snail again in my tank.
One of them was so big, my wife took it out of the tank to show it to me, and because I was out at the time, she'd put it into the glass she kept some baby flowers in.
The trouble is, he's in the glass for three days now, still alive and we have no conscience to kill it. And it's growing! So... what do I do :confused: What would you do?:ermm:

Based on your profile picture, I would suggest, "Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!". LOL
(Dr Who reference)

Seriously, not sure what I would do, maybe take it to a pet shop or drop it in a pond?

I drop them into my pond or get a few Ghost shrimp, mine would sit on top of their shells and pull them out. I had a huge infestation and when I got my ghost shrimp they were all gone within a month.

If you have plants id leave it in the take. They will eat the dead plant matter and make them look better. They also help out with algae.

Well, I don't mind putting him back to the tank, the only thing is that when there was this one, it's obvious that there's more of them in the gravel. And you've got 10 of them one day, and 200 week later... And let's face it: they're not the prettiest of the snails ;)

I had a pest snail infestation (should of cleaned the new plants better) but a friend gave me an assassin snail. Within a month it had sucked every pest snail out of its shell. Just had to remove the empty shells.

Back
Top Bottom