What do I need to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fissidens fontanus is not looking right. At first I thought it was dust from the new sand and rock. I have tried to blow it off. But it isn't helping.

Close up would help me. Im on my phone but looks like maybe bba.

Here ya go. It's tan and dusty. If I tap the plant it floats off. But it is drawn back to it like a magnet. IMG_8278.jpgIMG_8279.jpgIMG_8280.jpg

Is it slimey or stringy? I'm curious cause I have something that is very similar looking in my tank except it is all over everything. Are you using Flourish Advance or have you added any driftwood recently?

I'm curious cause I have something that is very similar looking in my tank except it is all over everything. Are you using Flourish Advance or have you added any driftwood recently?
You posted in planted tank right?

To me it looks like stag or bba. Is it only on the moss

It is only on the moss. It doesn't feel like slime or stringy. Dusty is the best way I can describe it. The piece of wood in here was added 3 months ago.

It is only on the moss. It doesn't feel like slime or stringy. Dusty is the best way I can describe it. The piece of wood in here was added 3 months ago.
Ask Cal. Im seeing things inside it that looks like algae. Just looking at it looks dirty lol. Im looking at the cyrpt (?)next to it too.

You might trying a spot treatment with H2O2 or Excel. Small area, treat 1-2 days and wait another day or two and see if the "dust" builds up again.

Oh ok well the stuff I have in my tank is slimey but kinda looked the same. It's hard to tell in a picture versus what you are looking at. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. You said that you can brush it off and it comes right back? That's strange it's only on your miss. Good luck.

I treated with H2o2 yesterday. The moss is right in the water flow. If I tap it the particles come off into the water but lots gets caught up in it again. I will wait a few days and turn off the filter and treat with excel for a few minutes and then turn the filter back on.

Id give h2o2 couple days. My experience with it and moss is it works well but slow and I know I often over dose

Okie dokie. I'll wait till new weekend and look for improvement. If no then try the Excel.

I treated with H2o2 yesterday. The moss is right in the water flow. If I tap it the particles come off into the water but lots gets caught up in it again. I will wait a few days and turn off the filter and treat with excel for a few minutes and then turn the filter back on.

How do you treat with hydrogen peroxide? I am too scared that it will kill my BB. I know that as soon as it mixes with water it breaks down and basically turns into oxygen but I'm scared. I'm a whimp when it comes to trying something new in my tanks...

How do you treat with hydrogen peroxide? I am too scared that it will kill my BB. I know that as soon as it mixes with water it breaks down and basically turns into oxygen but I'm scared. I'm a whimp when it comes to trying something new in my tanks...

I obviously did something wrong. My snails are in shock and my ammonia is .5. I did a water change at 7 this morning and I'm doing another water change now.

I obviously did something wrong. My snails are in shock and my ammonia is .5. I did a water change at 7 this morning and I'm doing another water change now.

How much H2O2 did you use and how big is your tank?
I've safely dosed 10-20 mL in a 20g tank.

29 gallons and about 2oz.

Found one Amano body and most of the [emoji222] are still laying around. I have them in a separate bucket with yesterday's tank water before my snafu.

Back
Top Bottom