What do u guys think of this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PauloSilva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
Initially I wanted a mag7 in my sump and another mag7 used for a closed loop. However after much deliberation I can get more gph from a mag12 at 5ft head. So I was wondering if it was ok to use the mag12 as a return in my sump and then branch it off 3 ways or maybe 2 to enter the tank. this will give me roughly 1120 gph on a 75g oceanic. This will be alot of flow going through my 20g long sump. Would it still be possible to keep a fuge?

Thanks
Paul

Sounds like a plan. If you "T" the fuge on a certain area and have a small amount of water flow for that fuge. See the below article. Took me a little bit to understand what was clear in the picture. Fuge is on the far right with the return from the sump having a "T" with a ball valve to control the water flow into the fuge.

RLG2182 posted a really good article:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=53046

I've got a Mag 18b T-ed out to 2 returns and it seems to work well. The original owner had it T-ed off 3 ways, but I found the flow being a little too low.

How are you going to feed the intake? A standard overflow will flow only about 1/2 of what you're expecting.

Back
Top Bottom