What do you do for a living?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Manager at The Home Depot and love it. Love seeing all the projects customers bring to me. Specially when it comes to plumbing a fish tank or parts for a turbo car.

Duddits said:
Manager at The Home Depot and love it. Love seeing all the projects customers bring to me. Specially when it comes to plumbing a fish tank or parts for a turbo car.

Thats hilarious. Just a month ago my friends and i made a home made air cannon and we followed a worker for like an hour getting parts.... He said an air cannon was a pretty unusual thing for people to ask how to make. Lol

Duddits said:

Do you guys sell "reef capable T5 lights". As in 10000k bulbs in light fixtures? Just curious.

Currently in charge of purchasing for a union commercial plumbing contractor. Most of our work is at Google, Apple, Network Appliance, etc. I m a journeyman plumber myself but after a little injury a decade ago and 6 knee surgeries later I now do more office end work and use most of my plumbing skills fixing leaks I caused on my own leaks on my tank :p I have also gone through training for and worked as a goldsmith and dog trainer.

Duddits said:

What's the highest what t8 bulbs you have? I need more watts for my freshwater tank. I have a 32w.

Billbug68 said:
I work at UPS... :hide:

UPS! Are you a delivery driver? Do you take dog treats around with you? When I was growing up our UPS driver always brought a treat for the dogs. (my mom was addicted to ordering from QVC...)

Bearchumjs said:
UPS! Are you a delivery driver? Do you take dog treats around with you? When I was growing up our UPS driver always brought a treat for the dogs. (my mom was addicted to ordering from QVC...)

Not a driver yet but I'm workin on it! Haha, the smart drivers always carry dog treats! Nobody enjoys a dog bite, so they try to get on their good side... ;)

Apart from being a full-time college student, I'm starting my own photography business. I started taking an interest in photos as a kid, never realized until a few years ago that it was my main talent, even though I took photos all the time. Hopefully it will be a life-long career.

Chiroptera said:
Apart from being a full-time college student, I'm starting my own photography business. I started taking an interest in photos as a kid, never realized until a few years ago that it was my main talent, even though I took photos all the time. Hopefully it will be a life-long career.

My mom and grandmother owned a studio for photography for about 15 yrs and I pretty much lived there and ill tell you what.. its not an easy way to make a living anymore with how cheap cameras have become and the fact that pretty much every person has a camera on their phone. But if you can get contracts with sports leagues or weddings there's a decent bit of money there.

I'm a stay at home mom that opened up a fish store. Lol. Partially to make the hobby more affordable. So you could say I opened up a store to be able to have more fish and coral than I can fit in my own tank

I am a stay at home mom and wife of a L.E.O, both of which I don't get paid for but seems like a full time job. Before that I worked in a nursing home and have been a
C.N.A since I was 18 (6 years) I believe that my years working with the elderly have taught me so much in my life and its what I've always loved to do.

Bearchumjs said:
You have a full plate!

I took honors biology 2 in high school for college credit. This was how the class went-

teacher: "well I have to turn in grades. I'm just going to ask you guys questions and you tell me the answer and I'll give you an A."

I was like- ok? She didn't even ask each person a question... But everyone got an A. Slacker teacher! I wish it would have been a little more challenging. Then I might have actually learned something. All I learned was that cutting the skull cap off of a fetal pig almost made me vomit.

Ok I've got one for you. When I was a young/dumb freshman in high school I was in a biology class and was failing big time. When the yearly final came around we were handed the bubble sheets for our answers and the question book. Well, as I started through my book, I noticed a few marks here and there. I just assumed the kid who had it before me marked a few answers. No, it was the teachers manual!!! Every right answer to all questions. Hello A+. so, yes I cheated.

I have just completed 4 years at university and am now a qualified early years teacher

Back
Top Bottom