what do you get from outside for your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I have gotten rocks, I would love to find some plants from lakes and rivers, and nice pieces of driftwood!

When I went up to the Wisconsin river, I found tons of awesome looking rocks. They're like the flat rocks kind of like slate. I don't know where you live, but look around a river if your looking for cool things.

i live near a good sized pond, surrounded by woods. so far i have only gotten some plants but i plan on getting some nice rocks and driftwood.

Hmm I've never done this. There are some creeks and ponds near me though, and the shore isn't too far away either.

So how do u guys clean this stuff before putting them in your tanks? Do u just throw the rocks and sea shells in boiling water for a little bit?

Rocks and shells from a lot of different places in all my tanks :)

Well I was in my backyard and I looked closely in the dirt and found land snails. :) I kept them in a dirt and mud and grass environment in a little terrarium. :) I liked lettin them crawl up my arm.. Afterwards I intensely scrubbed myself though :) I also had a tree frog I caught in there. :) I felt bad though so I let Him go. I let the snails go too. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom