what do you think is the perfect fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

healthier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey people i am wrighting this message to find out what you think is a perfect fish and why because i am going to buy some new fish for my tank soon
please reply

A perfect fish is the one that fits your tank parameters... :)

(Size, temperature, water quality, planted/unplanted, etc)

Yeah, what do you already have in your tank?

If I had to pick one without knowing the existing fish in your tank and the set up you have, I'm very partial to guppies myself. They use the whole tank, they've got a lot of little quircks, and they help pick at algae. They are peaceful and prolific.

WELCOME TO AA :n00b:
If you can tell us about your set up and water parameters, we'll tell you the "perfect" fish :D

If you don't have fish already, select the type that really grabs you and design around it. I knew I wanted my 55 gallon to be an Angel tank. Those would be the "stars", so to speak. I hover over them:) and make darn sure that any tank mates won't pick on them or their fins. My daughter, however prefers the bad boys. She has a very nice tank with nothing but Convicts.

agreeing with all that was written above, that is a pretty broad question, ('kinda like, whats your favorite song, of all time?') each fish seems to have its family characteristics. My wife loves her Angel fish, they seem pretty funny in the way they 'greet' you every time you come by the tank. I love my Paradise fish, he seems pretty smart, very hardy, and colorful. Problem with both fish is tank compatibility which is why they are in two separate community tanks.

Otoclinus are the best algae eaters pound for pound. They only get about 1.5-2 inches and are easy to care for.

Consider a native fish.

Most of them are hardy, and the Bluegill I have are quite aggressive and animated. What they lack in color they MORE than make up with their extremely entertaining behavior. Even the Sculpin that live on the bottom of the 20 exhibit interesting manners. They lay around, piled on top of each other, and then really come to life when I drop in a frozen cube of Blood worms.

Apple snails well do that. Otos well too but are very picky about their water. I have 3 BN pleco's they stay small and are cute. I know you said no pleco's but I'm must assuming you mean those commons that get HUGE.

I think the perfect fish is a feeder guppy. Just kidding. Idk... everybody loves a cory! or a bunch of corys

corys are cool so are mollies get a betta they ONLY fight other bettas neantetras are cool fish or if youve got some experience maybe oscars or other chilidids or maybe angels or koi or some type of gold fish. gold fish and childids need more room like 50 gallons or so while other fish like guppies tetras mollies endlers platys and danios and bettas dont need much room at all.

Bettas will fight other fish... especially guppies (they have similarly long fins) but they are known as fighting fish for a reason.

I must say I am attached to my cories. They have pretty different personalities and are fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom