what does everyone do for work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, you Florida kids have it lucky! Maryland offers no such thing. And in the past 4 years Tuition has rose almost 90% or something crazy like that. The school I am attending went from a tuition of about $16k a few years ago to over $25k a year now. Even the University of Maryland has gone from $4k when I graduated high school and is now up to over $13k for instate tuition.

In other words... you are very lucky. ;)

Wow, I had no idea. I thought that other states had lottery funded scholarship programs too (I never knew it was a Florida-Exclusive type of thing).

Now that I look back at the requirements, I see that I have to get 1270/1600 on the SAT, which may be borderline for me (I don't do so well on standardized tests and the ambiguous questions in the Critical Reading section drive me crazy).

Nonetheless, it gives me a good reason to stay in-state.

I work as a Paramedic, and a 911 Police/Fire/EMS Dispatcher for Green Bay Police and Brown County Sheriff's Dept. GO PACKERS!!! :)

squeekness said:
I work at Titleist making golf balls. :D

awesome. what exactly do you do in the process? wanna hook me up with a discount? lol. i have a golf course right across the street, so me and my friends just go out there and lose balls all day long lol. its a costly sport.

wow such vast careers here!

I have worked in law enforcement for 5yrs. I also do professional photography (weddings, seniors, family things) on the side for extra income.

I work for a furniture store in the warehouse, unloading trucks, receiving freight, setting up floor displays, and occasional deliveries. With the big fire we had, we are at a near standstill for now, but once we get the warehouse we need and get settled in, things should start moving again.

Blazeherd2306 said:
Wow, I had no idea. I thought that other states had lottery funded scholarship programs too (I never knew it was a Florida-Exclusive type of thing).

ohio was going to correct loop holes in a similar scholarship like thing, though it may have just been a loan, any ohioans know how it turned out?

fishrfreinds said:
A seasonal life guard! It can be boring and the pays horrible, but it comes with a tan that the girls love (I can't say my dermatologist likes it :wink: ).

LOL I love this. As long as you enjoy doing it the bad pay is okay!

The sun was bad for me this last summer. I went to a airshow and we were sitting out in a open field on the runways. I am not by any means fair skin. I have a tiny bit of Indian in me and dark Irish. I can be out in the sun for hours and barely burn and just tan.

The airshow I noticed my leg was turning pink so I used this aresol (sp) sunblock. I must of reacted to it because my skin pretty much boiled on my leg where I used it. I was a little burnt everywhere else I did NOT put the spray but it went away right away the next day. My leg I had to go to the doctor and get cream for it and couldnt walk it hurt so bad.

A dermatologist would of slapped me!!! The doctor came in and asked what was going on. I lifted up my pant leg and he turned white as a ghost and said "OH MY GOD" and got really close to my leg and just stared at it. LOL it was awful.

I reverted back to sunblock is not for me!

I'm a full time Nursing student....will eventually be a Registered Nurse with a bachelor's degree when I graduate in 2008. I work partime as an office assistant at a Children's hospital.

High School Freshman
but I do reff soccer in the summer spring and fall....
hopefully next year (2008) I can get a job at petsmart...

I am a sudent at the moment majoring in chemistry. A few months ago, I switched from being a long time physics major to a chemistry major. I switched for the simple reason that phyiscs majors have trouble finding work after they graduate.
Now, I work 30-40 hours a week, go to classes, and rack up alot of debt in college loans. So, I plan on going into the military after I graduate to train as an officer in the navy, hopefully I will be able to become an officer on a sub. The advantage to going in after college is they will cover most or all of college debt while on the flip side of the coin it's almost a given that I will be trained to be a commissioned officer, which is good for attracting girls! :)

EDIT: I just read osme of information from others complaining about their Organic Chemistry. I have heard rumors about that class, but I think a good professor can win the day no matter what the issues. Besides, I've taken advanced physics courses, like Modern and Mechanical phyics, where theory becomes reality and the world becomes quite complicated. I look forward to Organic chem this coming fall semester- after those physics behemoths, it sounds pretty nice!

Back
Top Bottom