What else can happen to me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am really at the end of my rope. Went to clean the qtank a bit ago and guess what? The filter quit working! What is the deal? Is God testing me to see how I handle under more fish stress? Now I am going to go have to go buy another filter. What kind should I get being that it is just a qtank. I am just so fed up! Its been working but I just didnt think that it was doing a very good job and apparently it just laid down and died when the tank was at its dirtiest!!! I guess all along that is one reason the tank hasnt stayed very clean. Remember me talking about all the crap in the tank with Pinky? No wonder the fish is sick. I cant get that place healed up at all. I have tried everything but super glue to fix that fish and nothing has worked. So now I am just using the melafix and stickin' with it. I dont know what else to do I have tried many meds and none have done the trick. And now with the filter kapoot I am ready to sceam :twisted: I guess I will end up going to walmart to get a new filter. I guess I will get a whisper. I need consoling..... :( :( :(

ADCISCO.....how big is the tank? You say this is just your QT Tank so you don't need anything fancy. I've always kept my 10gal QT tank as a bare tank with a small sponge filter in it powered by a little air pump.

Funny thing I started messing with the crazy thing just when I was going to throw it out it started working again! God must have known how much distress I was in! :) I also have one of those with the sponge filter because my other filter didnt have a sponge and I wanted something that I could just plop in the tank when I needed it. And yes my tank is a 10 gallon also. But for now things are ok.....I'm thinking of cleaning the 29 gallon tomorrow.....cross your fingers that nothing bad happens!

I have one that hangs on the back and one that has suction cups that stick to the side with the use of an air pump.

The one that hung on the back but it started working again thank god. I didnt want to trapes out in the cold to get another tonight!

when mine would stop working i take the filter apart usually needs to be cleaned heres how i do the cleaning i take the pipe that goes to where the little propeller is i take that off along with the bottom of the filter where the actual pump is thats where its the dirtiest after i take that apart i take and run really hot water into the pump itself where there that little propeller after i take it out its like a big manet that runs it clean it off then uasually use a q-tip does the job best because its a small hole and your finger wont get down into the place where it goes after i clean that i rinse out the pump and before i put i back together i take the magnet propeller put it in the pump and plug it in to see if its going to start spinning usually starts spinning after i plug it if it doesnt start spinning the kinda bump the pump with propeller in it til it starts spinning once it starts spinning on its own i then take and put the filter back on the the tank it came off of its really easy just have to put the pump back on like it came off and it wont leak but you got to make sure you click it back in then put the whole filter back together fill it with 3/4 water then plug it back in if it still doesnt start pumping the water right away bump the pump gentlelyand it will start pumpig the water like it should i can do this sleeping ive done it so many times only takes me about 5 minutes to tear down the filter, clean it and put it back together

Back
Top Bottom