What else can I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 dwarf gourami, 2 otocinclus catfish, and 6 amano shrimp, and I was wondering if I could get away with adding anything else.

Any suggestions if I can?

Sure. =] You can add another oto (they like groups of 3--that is, if you have enough algae to support them), and a school of tiny fish such as rasbora briggatae.

I originally had 5 otos, but 3 of them died shortly after getting them. I had a hard time finding them, but if I can manage to find some more, I'll definitely get another. I know they like small groups.

I originally had 5 otos, but 3 of them died shortly after getting them. I had a hard time finding them, but if I can manage to find some more, I'll definitely get another. I know they like small groups.

Okay. =] But yeah there are lots of schooling fish suitable for a 10g as long as they don't exceed about 1" or 1.5" full adult size.

6 would be great. =] Some need more swimming room than others, though. What kinds interest you?

I'm not sure yet. Still looking.
Celestial Pearl Danios look really nice! I'm not sure if my stores have them or not, though. I only have 2 pet stores in my area, so I'm kind of limited to what I can get.

I'm actually not sure about celestials for a 10g... if I were you, I'd PM severummama and ask if those work in a 10g.

Live Aquaria's page for them say that 10g is okay for a minimum tank size. Is their info trustworthy? I was looking at their fish for ideas.

Sometimes it is trustworthy, but other times it'll give an estimate that's either too conservative or too liberal.

Usually for danios, most people recommend at least a 15 or 20 long due to their high activity levels.

I think harlequin rasboras, neon tetras, cardinal tetras, mosquito rasboras...

Hm, you could be right. Actually I didn't think neons did, but they might. Cardinals are bigger, you're right. I think neons would be okay though.

I gotta get another opinion...LOL How many glofish if any could go into a 10g tank? i also want a schooling fish but only have a 10g available

I'm viewing that site now and it was a great link. Thanks

No problem. =] Personally I would be comfortable with 6 glofish in a 10g but I know a lot of people don't like to put danios in one.

No problem. =] Personally I would be comfortable with 6 glofish in a 10g but I know a lot of people don't like to put danios in one.

Thats why i asked. In a thread I had I got the no go on the glo fish in a 10g. i don't wanna be mean to the fish but I can handle my tanks so i think I can keep it full. Just not sure about the swimming room.

Yeah, anyone that says no danios in a 10g says it because of swimming room, not because of bioload or anything.

It depends on the aggression level, too.

Back
Top Bottom