What else to put in my 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DIZZLE808

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody. In my tank currently I have:

2 clowns
1 Bartlett anthias
1 flame angel

1 cleaner shrimp
1 banded coral shrimp
2 Halloween hermits
1 strawberry crab
And a small colony of zoas

Any ideas on what other fish i can safely add?

What kind of lighting do you have?

You could start with Xenia, Kenya or Colt corals, some polyp corals and mushrooms. You number of fish is almost max but some chromis as well as the goby suggestion works. Even 1 tang like a scopas or sohol would do in a 55

You should get a Green Serpent Starfish - they are great fr your tank and you can hand feed them if you like.

You could start with Xenia, Kenya or Colt corals, some polyp corals and mushrooms. You number of fish is almost max but some chromis as well as the goby suggestion works. Even 1 tang like a scopas or sohol would do in a 55

You should get a Green Serpent Starfish - they are great fr your tank and you can hand feed them if you like.

Please don't put a sohal tang in a 55. They're mean as heck and get giant. I wouldn't even put a small scopas. There are many small fish that would work fine. You could probably fit 3-4 more small fish in there IMO. Coral wise depends on your lights.

Coral wise, because I live in Hawaii, I'm pretty much limited to zoas, everything else is illegal as far as I know. I was thinking either 2 or 3 bg chromis or a watchman goby fish wise to complete my stock. I had a pencil urchin but I lost him when I transferred everything to my 55 from my 30. Would love to get another one at some point.

Please don't put a sohal tang in a 55. They're mean as heck and get giant. I wouldn't even put a small scopas. There are many small fish that would work fine. You could probably fit 3-4 more small fish in there IMO. Coral wise depends on your lights.

I agree. Tangs pretty much don't cross my mind, well not until I upgrade to a 150 gallon or bigger.

I agree. Tangs pretty much don't cross my mind, well not until I upgrade to a 150 gallon or bigger.

Good you're like me :). Even a 150 is nowhere near a shoals liking. They are demons haha. That stinks about coral though. Makes sense but stinks

Yeah the whole illegal thing blows but I'm all for it, whatever keeps our natural reefs alive and thriving, I'm all about it ?. Does create envy though wishing I could have corals lol

Back
Top Bottom