What fish could I move into my 40 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so my 40 gallon is just about done cycling, its been just over a month. I have a ram, 5 danios, 1 platy and 3 cories and they all survived the cycle thanks to persistent water changes. Anyway I'm slowly considering moving some fish out of my 10 gallon. In my 10 gallon I have 1 female platy (sick) 6 neon tetras, 1 baby platy and a snail. The baby is about 6-7 months old, so I want to move him, but I'm worried he'd get sucked into the filter, he's a little over 3cm.

Should I move the neons or the baby first? I don't want to add any stress to the sick platy

Ok so my 40 gallon is just about done cycling, its been just over a month. I have a ram, 5 danios, 1 platy and 3 cories and they all survived the cycle thanks to persistent water changes. Anyway I'm slowly considering moving some fish out of my 10 gallon. In my 10 gallon I have 1 female platy (sick) 6 neon tetras, 1 baby platy and a snail. The baby is about 6-7 months old, so I want to move him, but I'm worried he'd get sucked into the filter, he's a little over 3cm.

Should I move the neons or the baby first? I don't want to add any stress to the sick platy

I sure wouldn't move the sick platy, and won't move her until you know what is wrong with her and if it contagious! As far as the baby platy you can get a filter sponge cover. I got 3 for $4 on amazon. Or you can get a knee-high, (I don't know if you are male or female, so I will tell you as if you are a male!) But you can get them just about anywhere, and put it over the filter. It will not let anything get through it except water. What kind of snail do you have, and what kind of ram? Other than those considerations, IMO you could move them all over except the sick one. Hope this helps?!!

I sure wouldn't move the sick platy, and won't move her until you know what is wrong with her and if it contagious! As far as the baby platy you can get a filter sponge cover. I got 3 for $4 on amazon. Or you can get a knee-high, (I don't know if you are male or female, so I will tell you as if you are a male!) But you can get them just about anywhere, and put it over the filter. It will not let anything get through it except water. What kind of snail do you have, and what kind of ram? Other than those considerations, IMO you could move them all over except the sick one. Hope this helps?!!

Thanks. How about the neons? I just want to start moving fish out so I can isolate the sick platy

Thanks. How about the neons? I just want to start moving fish out so I can isolate the sick platy

Until I knew what was going on with the platy, I don't think I would move the neons because you don't know whats wrong with the platy! Could be transmitted in the water. If you could quarantine the neons before putting them in the other tank, (if you have the money!), that would be great! Can you go into the problem with the platy? Maybe we can weed out the problem!

Until I knew what was going on with the platy, I don't think I would move the neons because you don't know whats wrong with the platy! Could be transmitted in the water. If you could quarantine the neons before putting them in the other tank, (if you have the money!), that would be great! Can you go into the problem with the platy? Maybe we can weed out the problem!

Yeah I posted another thread but nobody was able to help :(

And yeah I'm definitely acclimating the tetras before I move them

Back
Top Bottom