what fish is this please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickb144

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. Hope someone might be able to tell me what fish this may be. Got this ages ago and can't remember exactly what it called. Its tropical. Maybe a tetra of some kind ?? Is fully grown now and is inch and half long head to tail. Is silver with black tip to fins.

ForumRunner_20130218_210246.jpg

Thanks.

Thanks very much guys. Cynic it is very similar to black phantom. Can see why you might have thought this but on closer examination the tail is different and fin on black phantom is larger. Thankyou for your comment. Much appreciated.
Borderlesscott I think you have hit the nail right on the head. It looks identical in every way to X-ray tetra. Everything from fin black marking to body shape and features. Thank you so much. I can now try and get some new companions for my single x-ray. Will get onto my LFS this week. Thanks again to both of you. Regards

Thanks very much everyone. I have found a local aquatic shop that has them in stock now that i know what to ask for. Many many thanks again to you all.

Back
Top Bottom