What fish next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do t kid yourself I was a pretty close bond. I put the goby in first and he looked miserable, as soon as I dropped the shrimp it was like boom! They instantly were with each other. I think if you don't find them together they WILL find each other. That as far as I know is the way they work. But all in all a great pair.

h8z2luze said:
Does it have to be a certain type of goby?

It depends on what kind of pistol you get: candy cane or tiger. Just google about which gobies pair with that pistol and a list will come up. It has I be a goby that they would pair with in nature. Don't buy a a pair- it'll cost more. I had a pistol first and let him dig for a week, then bought a YWG. after acclimating, I put the goby in right next to the main opening of the burrow. I had read to do it this way- they paired in literally seconds!! The YWG looked in the hole and the shrimp immediately started making the opening bigger and they've been inseparable ever since. :)

Well I did it again haha went for fish and came home with coral. Got a rock flower annenome. Check it out in the general aquaria. They didn't have a pistol shrimp and they hardly ever get the flower annenome so I had to grab it.

Did they have some gobies? If there was a nice one I'd ask the store to hold it until I get the shrimp.

Ask if they can hold one of the gobies until the shrimp arrives. I really like the yellow watchman.

My white banded maroon jumped out last night :( sucks cause I never saw one that had as bright of colors as he did.

Coris wrasse yellow or green. I got a yellow always out swimming doing his tging

I don't have any trouble and my lfs has one in there main coral display tank so I would assume no trouble there

I do want a wrasse of some kind but have seen mixed reviews about them nipping....

It nipped my feather duster when I first stuck them in a day later could care less bout them

Oh speaking of that me and my buddy watched his serpant star kill and eat his big feather duster yesterday....

I just got a melanurus wrasse and love it! Very colorful and active.

img_2145415_0_b69cf8b234d75c09d03f694bf210fdd5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom