What fish should I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbirdlala

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 15 gallon column tank that has been running about 4 weeks. I started the tank with a few blue platies for the initial cycle. I added 4 ghost shrimp about a week ago, and I just added 3 guppies 2 days ago. I would like to add some more fish in a few weeks. I was thinking of adding 1 to 2 dwarf gourami, and 3 oto cats. I'm not sure of the oto cats though. I don't want to over-stock the tank, but I do want to have as many as I can get without having a crazy bio load. My filter treats up to a 20 gallon tank. I added plenty of hiding spots for shy fish. the platies and shrimp seem to love my tree stump. any suggestions of good tank mates for these little guys?

I took some pictures of the tank, but I had a hard time getting a shot with fish, you can see some little streaks of my guppies, but thats about it.
IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

Strictly from my experiences only:

- dont add otos until you have an algae problem, it is hard to keep them alive. Your tank is still VERY new

- only go with 1 dwarf gourami. 2 males will not get along in A 15 gallon as there is not enough space for them to each have a large enough territory

You may be able to add a dwarf gourami but then the rest of your stocking options would be limited. You could add a small school (6) of small tetra such as ember tetra, neon tetra or green neon tetra.

Back
Top Bottom