What fish to get next?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g tank and i already have 1 angelfish, 1 pleco, 1 peaceful peacock eel, 3 glow tetras, maybe 10 guppies, and 5 mystery snails. I want some new fish because my tank looks empty! I want something colorful or active maybe something different! But i dont know what can go with what i have! Can anyone help please?:)

No an Oscar wouldn't go well with those fish

I would bump up the school of tetras. At least 6 IMO.

Maybe you could add another school of tetras or perhaps another angel?

I have an Oscar with similar fish (angels, tetras, glass catfish) it should be fine while small as long as it's not aggressive but it will get HUGE within a year and eat your stock except the angels if they're big enough. Hit or miss with angels but it will eat everything else so unless you are ready to be rehoming it I wouldn't get one.

I think im going to get a Oscar i can always take my guppies out and put them in my 20 gallon tank so it will just be the angelfish 3 tetras and pleco! I think i want two a black one and a albino! Do oscars have babys?

I think im going to get a Oscar i can always take my guppies out and put them in my 20 gallon tank so it will just be the angelfish 3 tetras and pleco! I think i want two a black one and a albino! Do oscars have babys?

That will not work. 1 Oscar can live in a 55 for a short time if there's no other fish. Bump up the tetras and mabye add an hatchetfish school. I would stay away from cichlids. Yes oscars have babies but please don't get them. If you want 2 oscars get a 125 g tank.

I want a german blue ram! But i dont know were to get one because my Petsmart store doesn't sell them!

I love the GBRs I have a few. I would just make sure the rest of your stock is compatible with the higher temps they need. Also fair warning they can be very delicate

We have two sunset thicklib guramis and we are getting two red flame dawrf gurami for our other tank. They are active and add plentyof color. They work well with our three angels, German rams, and swordtails. We had hatchets, but they just stayed at the top of the tanks

Back
Top Bottom