What freshwater fish have you not yet kept but really would like to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have to say convict cichlids. I don't have the space at moms house, and dad doesn't really want them. I might be able to persuade him though, I'm good at that! ;)

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I would love to get a black ghost nife. I think they look awesome. Sadly my 55 gallon is to small. I would totally get a 120 if I had the spare cash sand space. I hope to some day. Might have to sneek it past the missus first ha ha

I want a rainbow shark. I had one in my ten gallon but it only lasted a month. (I was a newbie) I'd also love to find a starry night pleco, and some golden rams. And I would want a sea turtle if I had a saltwater tank!!!

In my old tank that I had 5 years ago I had a blue dwarf gourami and some tiger barbs. They were a lot of fun to watch. I also had some glass fish. But those were very boring. I have a betta now and he seems to have a big personality.

This is a cool thread.

I'd like to keep a knife fish. I read an article about how intelligent they are. Not to mention, I think they're gorgeous. The house I'm living in now simply does NOT have the space needed for a tank big enough.

I would also like to try discus one of these days. They're SO beautiful.

My choices are my choices because I can't find them in stores and / or they're really big.

1. Endler's Livebearers.
2. Red Lined Torpedo Barb (man this thing is beautiful, and big).
3. Discuss (maybe with an automated water changing drip system)
4. Boesemani rainbow fish. (when I have the room to get a big enough tank for a big school of them).

My choices are my choices because I can't find them in stores and / or they're really big.

1. Endler's Livebearers.
2. Red Lined Torpedo Barb (man this thing is beautiful, and big).

Oooooh! You just picked my 2 favourite fishes!

You're right though, Endler's are hard to find (I posted on Craigslist & Kijiji asking if anyone knew where to get them, and 2 breeders responded.) They're worth the search, IMO, and really easy to keep.

And redline barbs/roseline sharks/torpedo barbs are extraordinary. Mine are in a 55gal, and I would like to get a longer tank because I think they need more room to swim. Again, quite easy to keep.

I love this thread. Keeps the ideas brewing.

Mine would be Angels or discus, would just love to have a big enough tank for them. There's a beautiful 100g bow front tank at my lfs full of angels and its just amazing! Also I'd love to get a zebra plec if I could only afford one lol

Well I've already got my Dario dario, bichirs, and discus. I'd say either angelfish or some small shell dwelling cichlid

right now i am aming for a cichlid tank. Knives are cool. Old awesome LFS that i have been to sparked my interest in Rays... that is what i want.

A gar but that's a far fetched dream. Hopefully soon I can get a tank big enough for some bosemani rainbows :)

Back
Top Bottom