What goes with Danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megsmelody

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello AA members! I learned the hard way that you lovely folks are the ones to ask advice from :)

I am restarting my tank. I have a 10g with 3 Zebra Danios so far. I'd like to fill out the school and then add 1 (maybe 2) centerpiece fish. A dwarf Gourami? An Angelfish? Something else?

I know I could go to the LFS or aqadvisor but last time I trusted other sources all my fish died :-( So I just want to make sure before stocking.

Thanks!

many people say danios need at least 20G long to be truly happy because they are very active fish. a gourami would work in a 10G not sure about angels though

I agree. All of those fish really should get a bigger tank long term. Think about a 29+ for an angelfish centered community. You could get away with a dwarf or honey gourami in a 10, but I wouldn't put much with it.

Zebras do better in a 20gal due to their activity ... but for now you could put some Harlequin Rasboras or Neon Tetras or Glow-light Tetras / ember Tetras
with your Danios. You'd probably want no more than 8 total fish

i had a ten gallon tank with 8 mollies and a neon tetra and they did just fine. I recommend 3 mollies, platties, or swordtails. (all 3 can crossbreed, so mix and match for some fun)

Back
Top Bottom