what happened ? My beta DOA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have , or should say , I had a beta . He was a stunning fish and got along well with everyone in my tank . That , as I undersatnd it , is rare .
So last night I get home , and He is just hanging up at the top :(
looking close to the end . He had given no sighns of any problems , His fins were realy super long and flowing , no sighns of ich or other diseases . Always ate well . By morning he was gone , just that fast .
My water is pristine , weekly changes , always tested with a test kit . This is a well established tank. So I dont get it ? why o why did this happen . None of my other fish show any sighns of disease or stress . I am at a loss to understand . Any ideas , thoughts ?
I am probaly going to shop for a replacement monday .

well I think I solved the mystery . I just noticed my neons , especialy one, with a bloated belly only on one side of its belly . Must be some kind of parasite I am guessing .
So I hate to admit it but I just gave up . Distroyed all the plants and fish , drained the tank , threw out the substrait .
This had to have happened when I bought the rubber lipped pleco and/or the ottos .
Throwing in the towel :( for now . I gotta move anyway soon and seeing that moving a aquarium is a PITA , that sealed the deal of my actions .
Also the fluval c series filter was making way to much noise so much so I could hear it in the next room , then the unwanted pest snails make a come back . I dont know how seeing I did a compleate teardown , changed the subtraight , cleaned everything , bleached the plants . :banghead:
Do want to say thanks to all here this comunity is the best and I apreciate You all :)

well I think I solved the mystery . I just noticed my neons , especialy one, with a bloated belly only on one side of its belly . Must be some kind of parasite I am guessing .
So I hate to admit it but I just gave up . Distroyed all the plants and fish , drained the tank , threw out the substrait .
This had to have happened when I bought the rubber lipped pleco and/or the ottos .
Throwing in the towel :( for now . I gotta move anyway soon and seeing that moving a aquarium is a PITA , that sealed the deal of my actions .
Also the fluval c series filter was making way to much noise so much so I could hear it in the next room , then the unwanted pest snails make a come back . I dont know how seeing I did a compleate teardown , changed the subtraight , cleaned everything , bleached the plants . :banghead:
Do want to say thanks to all here this comunity is the best and I apreciate You all :)
That stinks....I took a long break twice. It can be rough but youll be back on top. Hope you stick around here.

That stinks....I took a long break twice. It can be rough but youll be back on top. Hope you stick around here.

thanks ! :)
I been toying with the idea of a terrarium in my 20 gal long maybe , just a thought . Some africian violets maybe with some red veined nerve plant check this plant out ( sorry if off topic )
https://www.amazon.com/Red-Veined-Nerve-Plant-Fittonia/dp/B0019FUF0A
anyway enough of off topic dont want to break ( is their such a rule ? ) any rules

Back
Top Bottom