What happened to Pseudotropheous Zebra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wy Renegade

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Folks,

Been keeping cichlids for years, and have a stable population of what I know as Pseudotropheous Zebras (Red top BB). I haven't seen these, nor have I been able to get them at the LFS for years. Are they still out there somewhere? Are they now called something different? Any help would be appreciated.:)

Hey Folks,

Been keeping cichlids for years, and have a stable population of what I know as Pseudotropheous Zebras (Red top BB). I haven't seen these, nor have I been able to get them at the LFS for years. Are they still out there somewhere? Are they now called something different? Any help would be appreciated.:)

Zebras have since been recategorized into the metriaclima genus (or alternatively, maylandia), and are no longer considered pseudotropheus.

Red top Black Barred (BB) zebras are now known as Red Top Zebras (Metriaclima pyrsonotos)

Excellent! I knew someone out there would know the answer. I figured they had been reclassified I simply didn't know as what. Thanks Kay-bee.

Back
Top Bottom