What I did today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fizzler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I replaced two ceramic hollowed
Logs for this new piece of driftwood! Not only do I think it looks better with it in there!, but my clown pleco should enjoy a new hangout. From what I’ve read online they actually eat the wood as part of their diet ? Any ways I was to excited to not share [emoji16]. Also I have 4 peacock gobies, 2 Corydoras. And the one clown pleco. Are there any suggestions on a new friend I could add with them that would look nice and play nice with everyone?

Do I actually need more corys. Do they actually do better as in be healthier with more? And would it matter if I mixed types of corys or do I need all the same ?

Do I actually need more corys. Do they actually do better as in be healthier with more? And would it matter if I mixed types of corys or do I need all the same ?
Corys will certainly be happier and therefore healthier in a group. 6 is generally recommended. You also wont see their natural behavior with only 2. They are my favourite fish and i love watching them group up and run around the tank in a playful manner.

They dont have to be the same kind, they will school with whatever is available, but its better to have a like group.

They might not like your substrate though. Is it a nice smooth gravel or does it have sharp edges to hurt their barbels?

My gravel is rounded for the most part. One of my corys has been sick since I’ve gotten him.
It’s not ick. But he has become pale and it almost seems like he’s gone blind. He doesn’t move around barely at all. However the other one is all over the place and has fattened up quite nicely. No other fish in my tank
Are sick. But my healthy Cory doesn’t seem to mind my gravel at all he’s always rummaging through it looking for a snack.

I bought them both at the same time. They are both emeralds.
But clearly you can tell the one doesn’t seem well. I have no idea what the issue is. Those corys were my first two fish in my tank.
I added them
After a 7 week fishless cycle. The one seemed sick right off the bat from the store. And all
I can imagine is that maybe he got amonnia burn before I got him ? Idk I would of assumed they would both have it if that was the case but idk. They were the only two corys left in the tank at the store so I bought then both.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom