What in the H is going on withy tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Armeno

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my wonderful fish loving friends.
I recently purchased a new tank, and about 2 weeks after placing my angels in it I noticed the water was turning green. I thought maybe it was just algae starting to build up on the walls of my tank. Well the water is actually green, not the glass. And now my fish are starting to act funny. Swimming funny. And my tetras and danios are dropping like flies. I rrady light could be too bright or my tap water could be the problem. I'm about to lose my Rare California Green Angel What can I do?! Please help me and my fish

Hello my wonderful fish loving friends.

I recently purchased a new tank, and about 2 weeks after placing my angels in it I noticed the water was turning green. I thought maybe it was just algae starting to build up on the walls of my tank. Well the water is actually green, not the glass. And now my fish are starting to act funny. Swimming funny. And my tetras and danios are dropping like flies. I rrady light could be too bright or my tap water could be the problem. I'm about to lose my Rare California Green Angel What can I do?! Please help me and my fish

Did you cycle the tank prior to placing the fish in them? Green water is microscopic algae which could suggest elevated levels of ammonia in the water. Ammonia builds up in a new tank due to insufficient colonies of microbes thats break it down. Ammonia is extremely toxic to fish in the right conditions. You should remove and replace water regularly to keep ammonia under control. Might be worth adding an airstone during this period too as green algae blooms can sometimes reduce oxygen levels.

Back
Top Bottom