What in the world is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was cleaning out my 5 gallon betta tank today and came upon this creature. I have no idea what it is or how it got in there. It was dead, but it looks like some sort of centipede. Very strange, and a bit disturbing.
Any idea what this is or how it got there?

img_3061989_0_411df5b60322b552d1d1af7751f1325c.jpeg

im guessing a stone fly nymph but the picture is not clear
I looked up some pictures of those, that doesn't seem to be it. What I saw was much longer, about 3-4 inches.

not sure what it is, but coooooooool

initially i was thinking, maybe a house centipede fell into the tank, but it doesnt look like one...hard to tell.

with legs. lots of little legs. i am sticking with house centipede fell in the tank, got water logged, and sank...until i see a clearer picture. just a guess, though
That sounds like the most probable thing. I didn't even see it until I stirred up the sand though.

with legs. lots of little legs. i am sticking with house centipede fell in the tank, got water logged, and sank...until i see a clearer picture. just a guess, though

Haha, it looked like aa kuhli lying against some plant debris to me. I see the legs now, lol.

Yeah, centipede

no worries, hard to see those legs. op said it looked like a centipede so i went with it. house centipedes love a damp environment so it makes sense that maybe one would fall in and drown. if it was something that lived in the tank and got to that size, the op would have noticed it before its death.

house centipedes, those things freak me out.

Back
Top Bottom