What is attacking my BTA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat_ask08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395850562.962501.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395850575.686463.jpg

I've had my BTA for a month now and last week, something started attacking it. I have 2 clowns, yellow tang, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, an emerald crab and a couple scarlet hermit crabs. I've tried watching to see if anything attacks it but it must be at night. Has anybody had experience with any of these attacking a BTA?

There are pieces of the tentacles all over the rocks so I just figured something was attacking it

I'm not at home so I cant tell u exactly what everything is but I checked everything yesterday and it was all good. I have a 55 gallon

Well anemone are sensitive creatures. They need pristine, stable waters. It can take from 6 months to a year for a tank to mature enough to prevent these swings. This and a 4 bulb might not be enough light over a 55 for an anemone. What has it been doing? It couldn't have done this over night...

Back
Top Bottom