what is happening to my plants?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
ah, i remember a time when most of my plants were full and leafy

now it's nothing but some stems poking out of the gravel with some leaves at the top

i'm thinking either the plants are dying or some of my loaches are eating them. i often have to pick plant debris off of the back of my filter...do you suppose that my loaches are the cause of this?

How much light do you have and what size tank? Do you do anykind of fertilization or CO2? What kinds of plants?

i think your lighting is to low. the top leaves are blocking the light from the bottoms casusing them to die off. are there any holes or see through leaves? if so u have a defficiency causing the old leaves to die and fall off. your loaches probably arnt helping the matter and knock off afew leaves but there is no way that they have stripped them stem. a mod should move this to the planted forum once they catch it and u will get alot more responses

How old are your bulbs? esp. if they are T8,.. They need to be replaced every 9-12 months, I'ld recommend 9 months if there is not much cooling for them (heat shortens their life, ODNO bulbs should be replaced every 3-6 months) which reminds me....

i have 2 CF bulbs at 1.5 WPG but we only keep one of them on due to too much algae growth with one. it's a 92 gallon corner aquarium

we're getting CO2, but we're still waiting on it

questions,

1 are your fish eating them.
2 do you add salt
3 what are your basic water paramiters
4do you do water changes, are there any nutrients in your water

something fishy is goin on in your tak, because I can grow med-high light plants with .7wpg in a tall tank with no co2, there just not really really lush. you should look at your tank like it is not set up and say what should I do to get these plants to growm. then look at every vairable that does not accomidate the plants.

Back
Top Bottom