What is my anemone doing and Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erowand

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, new to the forums. I have this beautiful anemone in our tank and they are relatively new to me so I'm learning everyday about these guys. Today I saw it looking like this and I just wanted someone to shed some light on it and let me know what is happening and if it's normal. Thanks in advance! IMG_4352.jpg

Also just want to mention it was doing this after feeding some brine shrimp. After 10 minutes it went back to normal.

Without any information about the system we can't be of much help. Anemone are very sensitive creatures, so light and stable, pristine water parameters are important for their health and survival.

Also just want to mention it was doing this after feeding some brine shrimp. After 10 minutes it went back to normal.

it sounds like it closed up to consume food, I wouldn't recommend feeding the nem on a daily basis as they can be over fed . feeding a nem can lead to over feeding which leads to bigger problems possibly death a big concern as this can also foul your water .

all a nem needs to survive is a good strong lighting source decent water flow along with stable water parameters to survive . they get all they need out of the water column .

if you would like to feed the nem feed it once every other month but it's not necessary like stated above

Back
Top Bottom