What is the cost of packaging and shipping of small plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gu2high

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wonder what is the cost of packaging and shipping of some small plants.
I am talking about using a padded envelope and shipped by US priority mail in USA.

It depends on the weight. The lowest cost of a priority package is $4.05 if you use your own box. If you use their priority box, it's $4.75. As the weight increases, the price goes up a bit. My packages that I send out are usually $5.15.

Hi, I just send you the email. Interested to know the cost, and I may send my extra plants to someone interested in the future.

Actually you can order Priority Boxes online for free. If you pay for shipping online as well then you get Delivery Confirmation for free as well. Total cost is currently $4.05 boxes under 1lbs, although I've heard that it will be going up to $4.60 when the USPS hikes it's prices on the 14th.

Total price for me, about $4.30 or so.

That includes shipping price, towels, zip locks, bags, etc. That's why I charge an even $5 (plus it covers PayPal fees). If anything I MIGHT make a quarter off shipping.....whoopie.

No, that's not what I meant at all. You order the boxes for free online, as in there is no cost for the boxes or having them delivered to you. You still have to pay shipping charges when you ship the boxes. Unless you're shipping a LOT of plants, it's going to be less expensive to use the regular Priority Boxes instead of the Priority Flat Rate Boxes. I like to use the 7"x7"x6" boxes.

Great, thanks Purrbox. I just ordered 1 package. After I receive them, I will ship my plant trimming to others.

Just an FYI for everyone, I recently received a notice from the USPS that they are redesigning their Priority and Express boxes. You can still use the old ones, but the new ones will be good for both domestic and international shipments. That will definately make it easier when it comes to to the occational shipment to Canada.

Back
Top Bottom