What is the most amount of money you've ever spent on a single fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was the discus worth it?

they're beatuful and look really nice in a well planted tank. i would say any aquarist should try them out when they have the money/equipment/time (almost like the last frontier in freshwater IMO, with the exception to freshwater pipefish)

$20 on a German Golden Ram Chiclid. We got two of them.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130719_092556.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130719_092556.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
i have them too!!! but $20/ram is a bit steep. where i'm from, $19 gets you an electric blue ram. $7/gold ram

Where do you find these fish so so cheap. I been looking online for an electric blue ram and they are $35-$40 at our LFS the veil angel rams are $30

Where do you find these fish so so cheap. I been looking online for an electric blue ram and they are $35-$40 at our LFS the veil angel rams are $30

I'm in ATL, GA with a large fish warehouse/vendor/breeder in the city if that makes a difference

The price for GBR can vary a lot based on breeding. I bought a pair from a high end lfs here in town for $40. When one died I replaced it with a GBR from a chain store. The chain store GBR was hideous in comparison.

$50 betta

freshwater $ 120.00 - Black Arowana
saltwater $ 250.00 - Queen angel

Haha, well I'm new and wasn't sure... ;-)
I will have to check, I think they are on my old pc still.
And I was wrong, my Black Diamond Rhom was 250.00 -- Piranha 12" wild caught

Back
Top Bottom