What is this?? Coral???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_dude84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first saltwater tank and I found this coral looking thing on my live rock not sure what it is hopefully someone can tell me and if it's a bad thing how can i get rid of it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399506852.279470.jpg

This is my first saltwater tank and I found this coral looking thing on my live rock not sure what it is hopefully someone can tell me and if it's a bad thing how can i get rid of it?View attachment 236521

Def looks like aiptasia , and you want to get rid of it. You don't want to grab it or try to pull it off because all you will do is release hundreds of spores into your water column, there are many different ways to get rid of it, you can google how to, IME I've had the best luck with peppermint shrimp but everybody has different opinions on what works best.

That is aiptasia, a glass anemone that is a pest in our aquariums. Check out products like aiptasia-x or joes juice or shoot boiling lemon juice or water into its mouth.

I got a cleaner shrimp but not sure if it would take car of the problem. Gonna try the lemon juice hopefully that will work. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom