what is this diease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
my guppies are mostly infected by this white line across its body... is this a bacterial infection? which medication would work in my planted tank? My water is clean and its been running for 2 years. Other fish are healthy except for the guppies, can this be the guppy plague? please help!

what are the other symptoms? behavioral symptons - are these fish eating? Any other external signs of disease? What are your water parameters? How often do you do water changes?

i change water weekly, ph of 6.6 and kh of 2. I add baking soda every water change. nitrate around 10 ppm. and the fish are always swimming towards the water current. Some have fins that turn white. They eat only a little

baking soda? why baking soda?

Ok, well it sounds like whatever it is - is fungal and not bacterial, but it's hard to say. I would start on a fungal medicine and keep a close eye on them. If you have a QT tank I would put them in there for treatment. You don't have a pic do you?

Back
Top Bottom